Winter In The City
It snowed last night...actually it is snowing now, and just -3C I think. Who said northern living was cold and miserable? lol...I know the cold will come...give it time. This time last year I was in YK (Yellowknife) for training and it was bitter cold, with more snow. The days are getting shorter and dark comes quick. Sunrise is now at 8:55am, and sunset at 3:50pm...the days will get shorter still. I haven't been out to take any photos yet...been so very busy. I was in Whitehorse last weekend to see my girl, in Edmonton on Thursday for a medical appt, and the new job has been very busy. I think I will like the job though, and am just getting organized these past few weeks. Next week I'll be diving into the home studies and meeting clients.
In less than 2 weeks I should be moved into my new apartment. My stuff has arrived in Yellowknife, so at least it's on the right side of the Mackenzie River. They don't usually pull that ferry until later in December though, so I wasn't really worried. They will store it until I can move into my apartment at the end of the month. Things are going well at my friend C.'s though I fear Henry is driving her nuts. He is driving me nuts...he is just a kitten though and quite an imp. He has already chewed through her mini-blinds in the kitchen, the cord to her keyboard, and the tassels on the curtains in my room. I think he is just bored and restless, and misses our stuff. Stormy is much better behaved, and right now is just laying on the bed beside me, watching Henry. They get along so very well, and groom one another all the time.
I'm thinking about heading out for some Christmas shopping later today. No time like the present to get it done. I haven't really done much of anything...sheesh...far behind for me. That's what happens when I move every November for the past 3 years. Now it's time to get my ass in gear. I don't have my Christmas newsletter done either...and that has to go out in a few weeks...where has the time gone???
I've been trying to get to a movie since I've been coming to YK, but nothing I've wanted to see has been playing when I'm here. I haven't rented anywhere yet, I'm not even sure where the closest video store is. I need to get to know my city, now that I live here...
No comments:
Post a Comment