Monday, November 05, 2007

New Office, New Job

So I started my new job today...not a very busy day, just settling in, packing up someone else's stuff who used to work there...so spent the day at the usual...getting my ID, cell phone, network access, raiding the office supply room, and putting up my own stuff. Also spent a good portion of the day reading The Least Detrimental Alternative by Paul Steinhaur (see, I was paying attention G!) and found some very relevant stuff in there for my new job. Tomorrow is busier, as I meet the head of the federation of foster families, look at an apartment, and have lunch with a friend.


Went to my very first pottery class tonight. What a riot! I just loved it. While I didn't throw any great works of art, I did get a feel for the clay (throwing means putting your clay on the wheel and turning it on while you work on it - not actually biffing it across the room) and have 3 pieces to go into the kiln...groovy! Dirty and tiring, but quite enjoyable. The cleanup was the worst part...ick...


Wednesday I'm off to Whitehorse for a conference and visit with my girl - SO EXCITED about that...haven't seen her since last December when I moved out of the Yukon. Getting together with some friends for a brunch on Sunday, spending Wed afternoon and all day Thurs with my gal so should be fun and plenty of catching up to do.


Weather is not as cold now, just -2C...thankfully...it was windchill of -23C a couple of days ago...

No comments: