Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I Should Have Known

Stopped by the local restaurant today for some grease - admit it, sometimes you just gotta have some grease...and the local restaurant is certainly able to provide the necessary grease. I've mentioned the restaurant before, it's just a small trailer, with two tables for those who choose to eat in (which I usually don't) and folks from out of town typically eat in. Today there were four of them at a table, and I should have known had my sensors been on, but it was lunchtime, and I wasn't thinking about a whole lot of anything. These folks were 3 women and one man, and one of the women spoke up right off, asked me how I was doing, and knowing they were not from here, I was curious more than anything to find out who they were. It didn't take long.


After chattering about where we were from, and they seemed just a little too interested in my background, so I asked them what brought them to Res today...and out came the pamphlets. I don't know if she had them in her bra, or under her ass, but she whipped those suckers out of somewhere, and then wanted to know if I wanted to hear about the word of God. (if you haven't guessed yet - Jehovah's Witnesses). So I politely told them - No. Not interested. Then they inquired into my own spiritual background. Hmmm...should I be rude and tell them to fuck off, it's none of your business? Can't imagine the scandal that might toss to the locals...of course I was tactful and simply said that I was comfortable with my beliefs and had no wish to discuss them.


I should have known - well dressed white folks who are too friendly with strangers usually are looking to sell you something, either a vacuum cleaner or their version of The Word Of God. Both get a polite fuck off not interested from me.

No comments: