Saturday, August 18, 2007

Busy Week


Haven't had much time to post - will catch up at some point...my sis and her three young boys are here visiting and I've been running steady since their arrival...but here are a few scraps:


  • they love the beach - going in the water (clothing optional, bathing suits not required, as deemed by these 3 gems)

  • they love potty language - poopyhead, stupidhead, poopyface...you get the idea...

  • they love to be dirty - sticky hands, black feet, sand on the face, jam on their arms, mud and snot on their clothes...

  • they can break the sound barrier at will

  • they look like they have been dragged through gravel - they love to dogpile like kittens - yes...dogpile but with claws and teeth out...

  • footwear is the first thing they throw off when they go anywhere...including outdoor locations such as the beach (understandable) and the playground (not always a good idea)

  • swan dives off the table in the bedroom onto the air mattress seemed like a good idea

  • it is impossible to provide one child with a special gift without giving ALL of them the EXACT SAME THING or they will covet endlessly, whining, crying, stomping, and calling one another stupid heads

  • table manners...um, what?

  • they are polite little buggers - and do know their manners, but sometimes require prompting

  • they can destroy a room in 30 seconds flat and still not realize why someone would be upset

  • bragging is power, and also directly related to the siren noises they can make when coveting

  • picking their nose and wiping it on their clothes also seems like a good idea

Ah, the joy of little boys...I'm enjoying visiting with them, but I do not know where my sister gets her energy from. I'm wiped at the end of the day, and I get to go to work all day...



One more week and we're heading south to camp for a night...and then I return to my home to clean up after the tornado that has clearly struck my house. I've had to put my OCD tendencies in the closet or risk absolute madness...

No comments: