Great Eastern Adventure Begins On Friday
I haven't posted since the weekend - it's been busy, busy, busy...I am heading east on Friday to visit with my parents in Newfoundland, stopping by Nova Scotia for some very much anticipated visits with friends. It's quite a cumbersome journey to make my way to the tiny outport community where my parents live - I leave here on Friday at 5pm from work and arrive at my parents home by about 6pm on Monday. Yes, Monday. All manner of transportation is involved and several legs to the trek. I don't mind (at least that's what I am saying now...ask me on Monday) as I have always enjoyed travelling and it is part of the adventure, along with visiting folks along the way. For anyone interested, the Eastern Adventure looks something like this...
Depart NT at 5pm Friday...begin driving south to Grande Prairie, driving through the night (they don't get dark now) and sleeping in my car as needed. My flight then departs Grande Prairie mid-afternoon for Edmonton, where I have a 6 hour stopover...sounds horrible, right? Not at all...my wonderful neice and her family live there and I am hoping they can make it out to visit, and we could possibly go for supper. Then I catch my evening flight (kind of a red-eye) to Halifax, arriving there 6:30am, where my friend K. picks me up at the airport and we are stopping at the Irving Big Stop (YAYYY!) for a hearty breakfast before heading to Cape Breton. Once we arrive, I hope to meet up with a group of good friends for the afternoon, before another friend G. spirits me away to North Sydney to meet up with M. who I'll then visit with while waiting to cross the gulf on the ferry. The ferry departs close to midnight, and arrives in Newfoundland the following morning, early - where my parents will be meeting me and we'll do some visiting, shopping and go for lunch before heading down to catch the ferry at Rose Blanche to Grand Bruit.
No comments:
Post a Comment