On The Move Again
I FINALLY heard from the job yesterday and they offered me the position, as a permanent employee, and I start in about 3 weeks. Yes. 3 weeks. Holy shit, I have to move quickly. I'm quite excited about the job and happen to be having lunch with our manager today, my soon to be supervisor so we will be gabbing about the job I'm sure. There is still an appeal period as there is for all jobs in the north, but I am hopeful that no one will win an appeal against me getting the job. (priority 1 and 2 candidates can appeal if they are not offered the job - P1 is aboriginal/inuit, and P2 is born in NWT)
I am very glad to be putting child protection investigations and casework behind me to do some more positive stuff. I am sad about leaving behind all my community development work though...so hoping to find folks to take some of the projects over. I've already found someone to take over the video project - the local college has taken it on as a term project. Now if I can unload the newsletter, the craft club, and organize the groups to be run by others, I'll be all set...
I'm having a hard time being super elated about the job though as there is some serious stuff going on my family right now with my dad's health, and it is difficult to be so far away and unable to help much. I won't say much here but if any of my friends would like to email me privately, they know how to get in touch.
I'm in Yellowknife for the day to attend a training session with the department's lawyer. I brought my knitting...
No comments:
Post a Comment