Monday, October 22, 2007

Countdown Is ON


Well, I leave Res in less than 2 weeks. Yes, 2 weeks. Holy shit. I have so much to do, so little time! Found a reminder of why the move will be good when I was in Hay River on Thursday. Was considering some bacon for the weekend until I saw the price...that's JM Schneider's bacon at $9.19...he must be surely rolling in his grave. Ift it's this much just north of Alberta, how much is it in places like Colville Lake, or Holman? Sheesh...

I have to call and book the movers today, and start wrapping up my local work...lots to do there. I have a newsletter to put out by next week, my boss is back next week so have to get things organized to go over with her since there is no new social worker hired yet for here. I have to finish sorting out what to take in the car with me, and what to leave for the movers to pack. I have to find out if the movers will come here and pack...I dread the thought of having to pack all this shit myself.

Then there is the whole matter of finding an apartment....have applied at several places, and hope to get into one by December 1st, if not before. I have to prepare the outdoor stuff for moving - empty the planters, shove it all in the shed, and decide what is staying behind. More sorting to do, still want to take a run to the dump with some stuff. Meant to take the recycling to Hay River last week and completely forgot! I have bags and bags of the stuff...might end up donating it to someone yet...I wish someone would take it here.

Once I arrive in Yellowknife (aka YK) I will be there just a few days before heading to Whitehorse for a conference and a visit with my girl! Just get back from that and I have to head to Edmonton to see a specialist, hopefully just for a day as I do have to actually start my new job too (Nov 5th). Busy, busy, busy!

No comments: