October
Well, it was about 14C yesterday. Hardly typical October weather. If I wasn't cooking for a crowd, I may have just gone out kayaking! The water would likely still be warmer than it was in June, when the ice was just going out of the lake. I'm not sure what to make of the warm fall weather we've had so far. While I am certainly enjoying it, I fear it is the calm before the storm, so to speak. We don't really get many storms, but it could me a damn cold winter. I must consult the farmer's almanac, even though there are no farmers here...
If nothing else, it has meant warm weather for viewing the aurora; no down jacket yet, actually no real jacket, just sweaters so far; no shovelling snow (not that I really had to do that much up here); and I've only scraped my car twice so far this fall. I like it. I'm scared.
No comments:
Post a Comment