Monday, September 01, 2008

Back In Da 'Knife

Ok, I am finally back up north. And summer is definitely OVER. It was 4C today, and pissed rain for part of it. If this keeps up, we'll have snow before long. Such is life in the north.


Had a terrific vacation, even if the weather mostly SUCKED ASS. Rain, rain, and oh yeah, more rain. Oh, and throw in some dirty ole fog, and more rain. And let's not forget the suffocating humidity. If there is one thing I do appreciate about the weather in the north, it is how dry the air is. August has apparently been particularly rainy...but the air is dry, and when it's hot, it's terrific.


Back to work tomorrow...sigh...after being away from my desk since the 28th of July, it will be a challenge to focus and sort through the pile of emails, my inbox and the neverending requests from co-workers. However, since I have had such a great vacation and actually came back rested...BRING IT ON! Which is kind of the point of vacations, isn't it? To give one time to recharge, energize, and place one in a better headspace than when they left. Perfect. Count me in.


Since my return Saturday night (thanks again for the pick-up at the airport) I've been fairly busy. Changed my living room around, completely, which is no small feat for those of you who recall my wall unit chock full of STUFF. I have been attempting to trim down my belongings, and taking away the shelving as I do, so I do not fill it right back up with more STUFF. I am down from 4 shelving units to 2...whoo hoo! Mind you, they are rather full, but my living room feels much roomier...and I added some red to brighten it all up. With winter coming on, I want to be prepared this time to actually live in my home, not ready myself for yet another move, as I have in each of the past 3 years. Whoo hoo! No move!


So, I hope to return to regular blogging, though do not expect to post more than once or twice a week, depending on inspirations...

1 comment:

Big Hoser said...

You've ruined yourself for ever working in more humid environments. My friend finished his MA up north and then moved down here for work and was constantly suffering with achy bones because of the wet weather.

He eventually moved to Victoria because it's better right on the water than it is in the mountainous rainforest :)

Needed an excuse to move Victoria? you got it!!

~HH.