Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Well Holy Shit, Spring is Here

The temperatures finally rose above 0C and it was +7C today, with water running everywhere, and tonight it RAINED! For the first time this year. I am excited. Of course, spring also brings its own mess. They plowed the parking lot I park in for work (I pay $45/month) today for only the SECOND time this winter and now it is a big fucking sea of water. My stall was completely submerged in about 10 inches of water. Nice. I shall have to don rubber boots tomorrow and strap on my kayak to paddle across to shore...perhaps if they had plowed when it ACTUALLY SNOWED and not 3 months later, we could have avoided this mess...I don't get it, I just don't get it and no one has been able to explain to me why no one in this city chooses to plow the roads and parking lots during the winter. Weirdos...


But Holy Shit - spring has arrived...

3 comments:

Indigo said...

stop whining, it's spring!!!!

Dreama said...

I only whined here...I didn't even complain to management...and today they fixed the problem by bringing in a load of crushed stone and filling in the big pond of water. So at least I don't have to wear my rubber boots to work on Monday. The snow is going REALLY FAST and I am in SUPER GREAT spirits. I just hate getting my feet wet and walking around with wet shoes all day...now I don't have to.

Indigo said...

Everything comes to she who waits!